CS Undergrad Employee Timesheet Info
Pay Periods, Due Dates, and Pay Dates: Fall 2023 Heading link
|Pay Period||Due Date||Pay Date|
|8/6/2023 - 8/19/2023||2pm, Friday, Aug. 18||8/30/2023|
|8/20/2023 - 9/2/2023||2pm, Friday, Sept. 1||9/13/2023|
|9/3/2023 - 9/16/2023||2pm, Friday, Sept. 15||9/27/2023|
|9/17/2023 - 9/30/2023||2pm, Friday, Sept. 29||10/11/2023|
|10/1/2023 - 10/14/2023||2pm, Friday, Oct. 13||10/25/2023|
|10/15/2023 - 10/28/2023||2pm, Friday, Oct. 27||11/8/2023|
|10/29/2023 - 11/11/2023||2pm, Friday, Nov. 10||11/22/2023|
|11/12/2023 - 11/25/2023||2pm, Wednesday, Nov. 22||12/6/2023|
|11/26/2023 - 12/9/2023||2pm, Friday, Dec. 8||12/20/2023|
|12/10/2023 - 12/23/2023||2pm, Thursday, Dec. 21||1/3/2024|
Conversion Chart: Minutes to Tenths of Hours Heading link
|1-2 min = .0||15-20 min = .3||33-38 min = .6||51-56 min = .9|
|3-8 min = .1||21-26 min = .4||39-44 min = .7||57-60 min = 1.0|
|9-14 min = .2||27-32 min = .5||45-50 min = .8|
Timesheet Instructions Heading link
Use the PDF timesheet at the top of this page.
- Required fields: Name, UIN, UIC email, pay period, your signature
- Enter time for each week in corresponding sections – two weeks per timesheet
- For each day worked enter: date, start/end time and total number of hours for each day (use conversion chart to round up minutes correctly; also note that maximum hours allowed to work = no more than 8 hours each day, no more than 20 hours each week during the fall and spring semesters and 40 hours each week during Summer)
- Ensure that you do not report any hours worked on days that are official university holidays: Monday, September 4, 2023 (Labor Day); Thursday, November 23 & Friday, November 24, 2023 (Thanksgiving Day); December 22, 2023 – January 1, 2024 (University holiday)
- Enter total hours for each week
Timesheet Submission Procedure Heading link
Procedure for student (employee):
- Label timesheet as: LastName_FirstName_Timesheet_EndDate, replacing the EndDate part with an eight-digit code for the pay period end date. For example, the pay period end date for 8/6/2023 – 8/19/2023 would be written as 08192023 and the timesheet would be labeled as follows: “LastName_FirstName_Timesheet_08192023”
- Send completed and properly labeled timesheet to your supervisor/instructor by the due date. Only one late timesheet and two reminders on WebTime per semester is allowed.
- Submit WebTime (which must match the hours in timesheet) as soon you submit your timesheet to your supervisor (instructions are below).
Procedure for faculty or staff member (supervisor):
- Send signed timesheet as PDF, labeled properly, as an attachment to this email address: UIC_CS_.ccz36k1v70c4lbcf @ u.box.com. (Note: Please manually remove the spaces from around the @ sign when you paste this address into your email “To:” field.)
- You may attach multiple timesheets to one email, but do not combine multiple PDFs into one. Keep timesheets separate for each employee.
- Submit timesheets by 9 a.m. on Monday after the pay period ends.
WebTime Submission Instructions (student's responsibility) Heading link
- Go to: https://apps.uillinois.edu/index.html
- Click on: Banner Self Service, Web for Employees, UIC – enter NetID and password at login
- Click on: Employee, Time Sheet, Access Timesheet and select:
- Undergrad position number choose appropriately and click timesheet. (For TAs it is CB7716, for GPIP CB9665 )
- If you have multiple positions – double check the position number and enter the hours appropriately and accurately for each position.
- First week will appear first, earn codes on left – select ‘Regular’
- Click on day worked and enter hours
- After finishing first week, save and scroll down to next page for next week
- After entering second week, submit for approval