CS Undergrad Employee Timesheet Info
Pay Periods, Due Dates, and Pay Dates: Fall 2021
|Pay Period||Due Date||Pay Date|
|8/22/21 - 9/4/21||2pm, Friday, Sept. 3||9/15/21|
|9/5/21 - 9/18/21||2pm, Friday, Sept. 17||9/29/21|
|9/19/21 - 10/2/21||2pm, Friday, Oct. 1||10/13/21|
|10/3/21 - 10/16/21||2pm, Friday, Oct. 15||10/27/21|
|10/17/21 - 10/30/21||2pm, Friday, Oct. 29||11/10/21|
|10/31/21 - 11/13/21||2pm, Friday, Nov. 12||11/24/21|
|11/14/21 - 11/27/21||2pm, Friday, Nov. 24||12/8/21|
|11/28/21 - 12/11/21||2pm, Friday, Dec. 10||12/22/21|
Conversion Chart: Minutes to Tenths of Hours
|1-2 min = .0||15-20 min = .3||33-38 min = .6||51-56 min = .9|
|3-8 min = .1||21-26 min = .4||39-44 min = .7||57-60 min = 1.0|
|9-14 min = .2||27-32 min = .5||45-50 min = .8|
Use the PDF timesheet at the top of this page.
- Required fields: Name, UIN, UIC email, pay period, your signature
- Enter time for each week in corresponding sections – two weeks per timesheet
- For each day worked enter: date, start/end time and total number of hours for each day (use conversion chart to round up minutes correctly; also note that maximum hours allowed to work = no more than 8 hours each day, no more than 20 hours each week during the fall and spring semesters)
- Ensure that you do not report any hours worked on days that are official university holidays (for the fall 2021 semester, that includes three dates: Monday, September 6; Thursday, November 25; and Friday, November 26)
- Enter total hours for each week
Timesheet Submission Procedure
Procedure for student (employee):
- Label timesheet as: LastName_FirstName_Timesheet_EndDate, replacing the EndDate part with an eight-digit code for the pay period end date. For example, the pay period end date for 8/22/21 – 9/4/21 would be written as 09042021 and the timesheet would be labeled as follows: LastName_FirstName_Timesheet_09042021
- Send completed and properly labeled timesheet to your supervisor/instructor by the due date. Only one late timesheet per semester is allowed.
- Submit WebTime (which must match the hours in timesheet) as soon you submit your timesheet to your supervisor.
Procedure for faculty or staff member (supervisor):
- Send signed timesheet as PDF, labeled properly, as an attachment to this email address: UIC_CS_.ccz36k1v70c4lbcf @ u.box.com. (Note: Please manually remove the spaces from around the @ sign when you paste this address into your email “To:” field.)
- You may attach multiple timesheets to one email, but do not combine multiple PDFs into one. Keep timesheets separate for each employee.
- Submit timesheets by 9 a.m. on Monday after the pay period ends.
WebTime Submission Instructions (student's responsibility)
- Go to: https://apps.uillinois.edu/index.html
- Click on: Banner Self Service, Web for Employees, UIC – enter NetID and password at login
- Click on: Employee, Time Sheet, Access Timesheet and select:
- C88067 – Computer Science, 699000 and click timesheet
- First week will appear first, earn codes on left – select ‘Regular’
- Click on day worked and enter hours
- After finishing first week, save and scroll down to next page for next week
- After entering second week, submit for approval