Department of Computer Science
Building & Room:
Office Phone Voice:
I am a Professor in the Computer Science department at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). I am also an adjunct faculty at the Bioengineering department in UIC. My research interests span several areas such as Theoretical Computer Science/Discrete Mathematics/Algorithms, Computational Biology, Computational Geometry and Computational Finance. I received the NSF CAREER award in 2004 and the UIC College of Engineering Teaching Award in 2012. I thankfully acknowledge generous support from the National Science Foundation (NSF) for my research activities.
Not published yet(in preparation, submitted etc.)
- Bhaskar DasGupta, Mano Vikash Janardhanan and Farzane Yahyanejad, How did the shape of your network change? (On detecting network anomalies via non-local curvatures), arXiv:1808.05676 [cs.DS], 2018.
- Tanima Chatterjee, Bhaskar DasGupta, Laura Palmieri, Zainab Al-Qurashi and Anastasios Sidiropoulos, Alleviating partisan gerrymandering: can math and computers help to eliminate wasted votes?, arXiv:1804.10577 [cs.CY], 2018.
- Tanima Chatterjee, Bhaskar DasGupta, Nasim Mobasheri, Venkatkumar Srinivasan and Ismael G. Yero, On the Computational Complexities of Three Privacy Measures for Large Networks Under Active Attack, to appear in Theoretical Computer Science.
Here are some pdf slides for these results (from the talk at 25th LSD & LAW).
- Bhaskar DasGupta, Nasim Mobasheri and Ismael G. Yero, On analyzing and evaluating privacy measures for social networks under active attack, Information Sciences, 473, 87-100, 2019.
- Bhaskar DasGupta, Topological implications of negative curvature for biological networks, 2018 IEEE 8th International Conference on Computational Advances in Bio and Medical Sciences (ICCABS 2018), p. 54, ©IEEE, 2018.
- Daniel Ayala, Ouri Wolfson, Bhaskar DasGupta, Jie Lin and Bo Xu, Spatio-temporal Matching for Urban Transportation Applications, ACM Transactions on Spatial Algorithms and Systems, 3(4), 11:1-11:39, 2018.
- Bhaskar DasGupta, Marek Karpinski, Nasim Mobasheri and Farzane Yahyanejad, Effect of Gromov-hyperbolicity Parameter on Cuts and Expansions in Graphs and Some Algorithmic Implications, Algorithmica, 80(2), 772-800, 2018.Here are some pdf slides for these results (from the talk at BCTCS-2016).
- Bhaskar DasGupta and Nasim Mobasheri, On optimal approximability results for computing the strong metric dimension, Discrete Applied Mathematics, 221, 18-24, 2017.Here are some pdf slides for these results (from the talk at the 8th Slovenian International Conference on Graph Theory, Kranjska Gora, Slovenia, 2015).
- Andreas D.M. Gunawan, Bhaskar DasGupta and Louxin Zhang, A Decomposition Theorem and Two Algorithms for Reticulation-Visible Networks, Information and Computation, 252, 161-175, 2017.
- Bhaskar DasGupta and Venkatkumar Srinivasan, A Review of Several Optimization Problems Related to Security in Networked System, in Operations Research, Engineering, and Cyber Security : Trends in Applied Mathematics and Technology, N. J. Daras and Th. M. Rassias (editors), Springer Optimization and Its Applications series, 113, 155-166, 2017.
Service to Community
The department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science is seeking applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor to join the mathematical computer science group. Please see the job posting here for more details.
Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1995