V. N. Venkatakrishnan
Department of Computer Science
Building & Room:
Office Phone Voice:
My research areas broadly span topics in Computer Systems Security, with use of ideas from compilers, operating systems and formal methods for defending cyber attacks.
I've been fortunate to work with a group of outstanding students and postdocs!
Current Student Advisees
- Maliheh Monshizadeh (Ph.D)
- Abeer Alhuzali (Ph.D)
- Sadegh Momemi (Ph.D)
- Vijay Sai Prasanth Kommini (M.S.)
- Mike Ter Louw (Ph.D) (now at LGS innovations)
- Prithvi Bisht (Ph.D) (now at Adobe)
- Kalpana Gondi (Ph.D) (co-advised with Prof. Prasad Sistla) (now at Amazon)
- Tim Hinrichs (post-doc) (co-advise with Lenore Zuck) (now at VMWare)
- Phu H. Phung (post-doc) (now Asst. Professor of Computer Science at Univ of Dayton)
Fall 2015: CS487 : Building Secure Computer Systems
- Fall 2015 office hours: MW 11.a.m.-noon in SEO 1131.
I am a member of the following Chicago-area organizations:
I graduated with a Ph.D in Computer Science in December 2004, from Stony Brook University (formerly, SUNY @ StonyBrook). My advisor was R. Sekar.